Thursday, July 17, 2008

Deer Creek in the middle?

Normally I wouldn't blog anything about such an ordinary ride, but this was a very extraordinary experience. I decided to step up the level of difficulty and not allow myself the option of using my granny gear for the entire ride. Going middle chainring the whole way would be something pretty cool to take home.


Well, I not only pulled it off, but it wasn't that bad. I road the entire figure 8 (minus "the wall") in my middle. Those who have ridden know what the figure 8 is all about. The nasty-ass little climb (right before the wall) that most people walk... middle chainring. The climb to Red Mesa loop... middle chainring. The stupid steep doubletrack up the other side... middle! The entire thing, start to finish, was ridden in my middle. Must have been the sleeve of cinnamon rolls I ate the day of. LOL! Now that I've knocked out Buffalo Creek and Deer Creek in my middle, I suppose Mt. Falcon is next on my list. Boyeah!

No comments: